The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pet Peeve Time
Yesterday I went to lunch, and when I got back in my car to leave, the battery was dead. Fortunately I called AAA, they came and gave me a new battery -- $100+. I was happy to get the battery and to be able to continue on my way relatively quickly – I am busy these days -- but the whole episode pissed me off to a certain extent. I bought the car new in December 2003. That was not even three years ago, and so far this is the SECOND battery I’ve had to replace. I don’t know why I’m going through so many batteries so fast. Are they poor quality to begin with? Is there something about the fact that even after I turn off the ignition and get out of the car, the interior lights stay on for what to me is an inordinately long period of time? If it was up to me the lights would go off when I get out of the car and close the door. I don’t like having the lights stay on like they do. That is a crazy way to design a car – I don’t care if it’s convenient for some people and helps them at night when they need to be able to find their way inside the house. If you need that much help, carry a flashlight, or do something about your outside house lights. (A neighbor of mine has lights along his driveway that are obviously solar powered, and they come on when the sun goes down.) This thing about the battery is just really awful, though. I just got through driving back from New Jersey a couple of days ago. Think about the inconvenience if I had gotten stuck with a dead battery while I was on the road somewhere, maybe in rural Maryland. Or what if the battery had died while I was stuck in all that traffic around the Delaware Turnpike? Give us better batteries. We’ll pay for them. Not everybody is lucky enough to have AAA, and not everybody can afford to replace their battery every few months.

, , ,




NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home