The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Political Note
You know, if Osama bin Laden is dead (news story) I don’t think it matters politically. I mean, we didn’t get him. Typhoid is supposed to be the culprit. If he’s dead, good. He should have been stopped sooner. The present administration certainly can’t take any credit. They dropped the ball at Tora Bora, then later stopped looking for him altogether. The world would truly be better off without bin Laden around. We would be safer, but still not safe. Other terrorists will arise in the future who still want to hurt us. Considering how the Republicans mishandled bin Laden, the country could use some different ideas about how to combat terrorism. We can accomplish that by electing Democrats in November.


Medical Note
Sorry but I don’t want anyone operating on my colon. That is why I don’t eat meat, and why I do eat a lot of fiber. New research, though, says that because so many young people don’t eat much fiber, they are now developing a disease of the digestive tract that is usually seen in much older people. If you don’t want anyone operating on your colon, I suggest that you too eat more fiber and less meat.

The above story points out a problem that I have been thinking about recently. If we eat an unhealthy diet, or unhealthy food, we often become unhealthy. But it doesn’t happen today or tomorrow. It often takes years and years for the effects of an unhealthy diet to become apparent. In the meantime we just stick our heads in the sand and continue eating an unhealthy diet. Something needs to be done about that. But it is hard to be heard when the major food producers spend billions offering us unhealthy choices. And if that was all that was happening it would be one thing, but while there are so many unhealthy choices out there, it is also very difficult to even find any healthy food, and something needs to be done about that.

Furthermore, while people are so concerned over E. coli in the spinach, and rightly so, it seems that they are not concerned about something like obesity that kills many more people each year. And I haven't even mentioned pesticides in the food. Are they safe? What is causing all these cancer deaths anyway? For me, I'd rather err on the side of caution. That's why I eat organic as much as possible.


Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home