The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Get the Hell out of Iraq

This is the world blogosphere premiere of a new song I just wrote yesterday entitled "Get the Hell out of Iraq." I hope you enjoy listening to it. The lyrics are below. If you like it, send it to your friends. Maybe it can help, in some small way, bring peace to the Iraqi people, and bring our brave soldiers back home.


Time to bring our soldiers back,
Get the hell out of Iraq.
Yes we’ve been there far too long
Going over there was wrong.

Well so many people died
Just because somebody lied
And so many people maimed
But the right ones ain’t been blamed.

Oh how many more must die
And how many more must cry?
Time to bring our soldiers back
Get the hell out of Iraq.

There’s been such a heavy cost
And our purpose there seems lost.
It was doubtful all along.
Going over there was wrong.

I just wonder what it’s for
When we fight a useless war?
Is it making us secure?
No it’s not, of that I’m sure.

Don’t you know this war is rough?
But our country’s had enough.
Time to bring our soldiers back,
From this hell that’s called Iraq.

Oh how much more will it cost,
And how much more will be lost,
Til our brave ones all come back
And get the hell out of Iraq?


, , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm beginning to think that only a draft will get the attention of most people.

    They watch "Survivor" while in Iraq, GIs wind up losers in the real-life version, every day.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Saskboy said…

    It seems impeaching Bush may be the only way to change the Middle East, since waiting another 3 years just isn't a good option.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I was not able to listen, the link would not work...
    Powerful words.
    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home