The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Health Notes
Smoking may have a negative impact on your IQ.

Eating fish, or taking fish oil, may help regulate your heart rate, and thereby lower your risk of sudden death.

A new test that focuses on a protein called EPCA may help in diagnosing prostate cancer. EPCA levels were found to be elevated in a number of men who had negative biopsies, but in whom the disease subsequently was found.

According to this report, taking aspirin neither increases nor decreases your risk of pancreatic cancer.

Don’t want to get cataracts? Eat lots of dark green leafy vegetables.

Pregnant women who take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) such as aspirin, ibuprofen, etc, have an 80% greater chance of having a miscarriage.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home