The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Health Notes

This is not a pleasant thought: gum disease might lead to pancreatic cancer.

Is prostate cancer caused by a virus?

Valcyte, an antiviral drug, might help people with chronic fatigue syndrome.

Patients with heart failure may want to consider undergoing a bypass operation or angioplasty. According to this article, “mortality rates among those who had the procedures were half that of those who did not.”

Taking growth hormone may not make you live longer, and it may have some negative side effects.

One way to avoid skin cancer: try to identify moles that look suspicious.

“A newly discovered “peptide” molecule (a chain of amino acids smaller than a protein) increases the effectiveness by 350 per cent of drugs used to kill breast cancer cells,” giving new hope to women with advanced breast cancer. That’s pretty good news, isn’t it?

Here is an article, with information about ovarian cancer.

Does lemon grass tea kill cancer? Apparently some people in Israel think so, but there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot about this on the internet. Sure, lemon is really healthy, I think, but kill cancer? We’ll see.

This article argues that there is no epidemic of autism.

If you have restless leg syndrome, taking iron might help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home