The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Health Notes
Can increased folate intake reduce your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease?

Being obese may increase your risk of getting age-related macular degeneration.

Cough and cold medicines can kill infants if they are given too much. Talk to your doctor.

There is some discussion about using vitamin C to treat cancer. But this article says, among other things, that cancer cells actually feed off vitamin C. I guess we’ll have to see what the results are of this latest experiment.

Do you want to lose weight? Count calories.

Strawberries and other berries may be effective in slowing the growth of cancer cells. And as we’ve mentioned before, they also may be effective against Alzheimer’s disease.

What would happen if we ate more like our ancestors did thousands of years ago, cutting out saturated fat and processed food? This article explores that question.

Arthritis is an expensive condition for our health care system that cost $128 billion in 2003. Losing weight would probably help. And I wonder, could we prevent arthritis in the first place?

I am always fascinated by the attitudes of people in this country toward breastfeeding, as well as the fact that some of those attitudes are fueled by ignorance.

Here is an interesting article about a controversy over those stents that doctors sometimes put in patients’ arteries. When it comes to medical treatment, I would rather not have any controversy, so I hope this gets resolved soon.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from
    the Cool Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home