The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Health Notes
We need to be sure to get enough zinc. Too little of the nutrient can lead to reduced cardiovascular fitness. This can impact your ability to exercise, among other things.

It may be the case that only 60 to 90 minutes of exercise per week is enough to significantly lower someone’s blood pressure.

Are men who use the computer a lot at risk of developing glaucoma? I certainly hope not.

Is autism related to a brain inflammation?

Can taking certain Chinese herbal remedies lead to liver inflammation?

Dextromethorphan, an ingredient found in over the counter cough medicine, may help reduce the pain of fibromyalgia, although I’m not sure we want to be taking a lot of cough medicine.

Sunitinb and sorafenib are two new drugs that may be effective against kidney cancer.

This is an interesting website on natural ways to fight cancer. I haven't explored this site extensively, but a new concept for me is the possibility that cancer and fungus may be linked? There is a lot you can deal with when you’re doing research on cancer.

Scientists, of course, are seeking to develop a vaccine that is effective against genital herpes.

It is good to be informed. Comparing one hospital to another could be valuable in helping us gain information. This article says we may soon be able to use the internet to compare the heart attack death rates among various hospitals throughout the US. Some information is already available at this website, Hospital Compare. I checked it out. It seems to be a really good resource.

A lot of people say they would like to lose twenty pounds, but not very many are actually dieting. That’s not too surprising, what with the growing number of obese people in this country.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Another good one.
    Thanks for the information and links.

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from
    the Cool Raggedy one

     

Post a Comment

<< Home