The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Health Notes
This article talks about child development and autism. And this website goes into more detail about child development milestones, etc, for various disorders including autism, mental retardation, hearing loss, and ADHD.

Here is an article that speculates that bulimia might be caused by an imbalance of hormones such as testosterone and estrogen.

This article talks about Dr. Mark Hyman’s book Ultrametabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss. Some of his ideas include eating more protein, eating smaller meals more often, and drinking green tea.

Stress management training may be good for your heart.

The antiviral drug valganciclovir may be helpful in treating chronic fatigue syndrome.

This article says that spicy foods might help protect us against cancer. They are talking mainly about capsaicin here, a compound found in hot chili peppers. I don’t think this is really new news.

Here is an article on surviving pancreatic cancer.

Is caffeine better than aspirin and ibuprofen in reducing muscle pain after a workout?

How do we explain the fact that Australians are among the longest living people in the world? Do they have a good diet, a better environment, a lack of stress? What? That is a puzzle. BTW, this is not to say that they are among the healthiest people in the world, just that they live a long time. However longevity is a good start.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Thank you!
    You keep posting links that I am very interested in that I would not have discovered on my own.
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate your research.
    Great post!
    Is it time for a new blog?
    The Tao of Health?

    Have a wonderful day!
    *^_^
    (=':'=) hugs
    (")_ (")Š from
    the Cool Raggedy one

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Ed Bremson, MFA said…

    actually, raggedy, i have The Tao of Health, which I would like to pursue, but so many people come here I hate to abandon this blog. We'll see. I am enjoying what I'm doing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home