The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bad News, Good News

Let’s see: three car bomb attacks kill 43 in Iraq; computer worm attacking windows; gasoline prices near three dollars a gallon; inflation’s up; stock market down; woman sets herself on fire in Israel; planes crash in Greece and Venezuela; 250 small bombs explode across Bangladesh. Is there any good news out there?

Well, Iraq now has legal authority to hang people. (I guess that’s good news/bad news, right?) Israeli settlers who agreed to leave Gaza receive between $150,000 and $400,000. (Is that coming from US taxpayers?) Crocodile blood has been found to kill HIV, so scientists in Australia are working on developing drugs based on that knowledge. Overweight men are more likely to have prostate cancer that thin men. (Good news for thin men, bad news for overweight men). Eating fruits and vegetables may prevent arthritis.

I’m not sure that the good news outweighs the bad news, but it’s better than nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home