The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Little Pessimistic Today

Is anyone feeling good about the future? Does anyone feel optimistic about what is happening with Iran? Does anyone still feel good about Iraq? How about the price of oil, not to mention the price of gasoline, and growing world competition for oil?

President Clinton may have had sex in the Oval Office, but at least he was in the Oval Office. President Bush is on extended vacation now while the world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket. There were global crises during the Clinton administration, but he always seemed to respond to them, and I had the feeling that someone was in charge.

I long for a strong leader again like FDR, JFK, LBJ. When they were President they rolled up their sleeves and got to work. They inspired confidence. I’m sorry but the current President, like his father before him, does not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home