The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Kvetching for Gaza

I’m not following the situation in Gaza all that closely, but I have heard some discussion about it recently, on Connected with Ron Reagan yesterday, and on NPR just now while driving home. There are these guys (it may be the same guy, I’m not sure) who keep saying that handing over Gaza to the Palestinians is a victory for the terrorists; that it will fuel terrorism worldwide; etc, etc. I just want to say that, while some of that may be true, all the moaning, wailing, and kvetching about it now is not helping the situation, and seems to me to be adding fuel to the fire. The handover is going to happen. There’s nothing you can do about it now, so just shut up about it already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home