The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Good Thing, Bad Thing

One good thing about President Bush (or bad thing, depending on how you think about it) is that he seems to have so few ideas or principles of his own, that he’ll pretty much do whatever his most trusted advisors tell him (Cheney, Rice, Rove, Hughes, et al.)

But now he must have some other people talking to him, telling him he’s got to do something about New Orleans, do something about the poor, do something about energy prices. So he has responded by making a lot of speeches and attending a lot of photo ops. What has he actually done? What will he actually do? Much of that remains to be seen, especially as it filters through the prism of right-wing ideology that his Presidency has been based on so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home