The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Political Note

President Bush said Friday that it is “legitimate to criticize my decision or the conduct of the war.” Well, public opinion on those two issues is hovering in the range of 60% of Americans against. So, yes, Mr. President, we are criticizing your decision to go to war. It was not necessary. And we are criticizing the conduct of the war. More than 2000 Americans have lost their lives in a war that was not necessary. That is wrong. Wrong.

Observation from Mars

Newspaper columnist Charles Krauthammer wrote that the desire to preserve the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is “an indulgence bordering on decadence.” Meanwhile, millions of Americans continue driving trucks, SUVs, Hummers, etc., as well as wasting gasoline in fast food drive throughs, and letting their cars idle for twenty minutes while waiting for someone to return from a “quick” dash inside a store. Conclusion: those blue areas of the planet Earth must be composed of gasoline; and Charles Krauthammer, who seems to be the only one worrying about gasoline, should consider using anti-anxiety medication.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said…

    He hasn't listened to criticism for the last five years, I have my doubts he will start taking it seriously now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home