The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Political Notes

Since when did the United States become an oil exporter? Have we joined OPEC? While there are increasing energy shortages here at home, we can afford to send petroleum abroad? Oh, it's the oil company execs who are sending (selling) oil abroad. That explains everything. Just business as usual. Forget about national security. So now we have to pass a law to get them to stop. Great. --- Business people in Asia say that the policies of the Bush administration have been destabilizing for their region. They also characterize Washington as something of a bully. So much for American good will abroad. --- At home, the Bush administration has not taken steps to deal with the many health problems of servicemen returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. Don't you think it's about time we looked into that? --- Surprizingly, to me at least, a large number of soldiers returning from war in the Middle East are unemployed and homeless. Yet President Bush continues to paint a rosy picture, while the picture is anything but rosy. How about a little compassion here? Oh that's right, it's compassionate conservatism that got them in this mess. --- President Bush might say "We don't torture," but sometimes there's not much difference between torture and interrogation. --- Bush rules out White House bid for 2008. Jeb Bush, that is. Well that's good news.


Other News of Note

1100 lawyers leave Saddam's defense team? I don't blame them for quitting, with so many of them getting murdered, but how many lawyers does he have? --- A lot of people would like to know how Andrew Stimpson beat AIDS. Should he undergo further testing to answer those questions? Mark Jaquith at Tempus Fugit blog says no. --- We're still talking about the heated bra? Ok, I'll give up my opposition to them if they'll give free lessons on how to unhook them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home