The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Abortion Note
The Pope considers an embryo to be a complete human being. I guess this is not really a new bit of information, but it is a new papal statement. I don’t have a problem with this personally, and I doubt that many people would have a problem with it. This statement does have implications, though, such as saying that killing a human embryo is the same as murder. That’s where the problems arise, in a legal and emotional context. I wish we lived in a world in which every human being, born and unborn, was valued. We don’t live in such a world though.

Health Notes
Eating processed meat may increase your risk of colon cancer.

I don’t know what you can do about this, but infections, childhood and otherwise, are said to shorten people’s lives as well as shorten their height.

There does appear, however, to be something you can do something about: apparently taking vitamin D reduces the risk of certain cancers.

A shipment of corn from the US to Japan was found to contain aflatoxin, a highly dangerous, poisonous fungus. God, what an awful situation. Suppose inspectors hadn’t found the fungus. People could have died. Japan is now tightening their inspections of US corn, and rightly so.

As if we didn’t have enough evidence that we should lose a little weight, now they’re saying that obesity may cause someone to lose their eyesight. You know, some of the best exercise you can do is to push yourself away from the dinner table, get up, and walk away. The more often you do this exercise, the healthier you will be.

Tags: , , , , , ,


Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Carl said…

    So you think that those babies should be raised as unloved?

    How's that taking care of something else?

    How many babies already sit around orphanages and foster homes because of the self-sighted egotism of the pro-life movement?

    How many have YOU adopted?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home