The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bird Flu Q&A
There is a lot about bird flu that scientists still don’t know. I reported here a couple of weeks ago that importing birds rather than migrating birds might be a major cause of spreading H5N1. Now here is another story that reinforces that contention. According to scientists, they are apparently not seeing the kind of spread of the bird flu virus that they would expect if migratory birds were the major culprit. So that takes us back to shipping and importing/exporting poultry as the cause of the spread. But that brings me back to my major question. Bird flu has spread to Eastern Europe and elsewhere. Does Eastern Europe import a lot of live birds from Asia? If they do, maybe they should stop. If they don’t, then how did H5N1 get there? I’m sure these and other questions will be answered eventually. In the meantime, I guess we just have to stay tuned for further developments.

Tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Carl said…

    Curiously, there's an article (I posted it on my website) that says that Africa will shortly see the avian flu for the first time due to migratory birds...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home