The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Importing Bird Flu?
This article speculates that bird flu may be spread by the practice of importing birds and not by migrating birds after all. So, does Europe import a lot of birds from Asia? I don’t know. I certainly do think we should attack bird flu on as many fronts as possible, and if the bird trade is a problem, we need to do something about it. Also, if the bird trade is the major problem, that certainly would make it a lot easier to get it under control. You could stop exporters from exporting, but how could you stop birds from migrating?


Here is an interactive map that graphically shows the spread of bird flu.


Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home