The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Body Count
News sources estimate the number of human deaths from bird flu since 2003 to be about 70. However some sources put the number much higher. New Scientist reported in November that one estimate places the number of deaths in China alone at 300, including some human to human transmissions. Why the disparity in numbers? Either the higher number is wrong or the Chinese government is trying to keep their numbers secret. An earlier article, also in New Scientist, characterizes the situation in China as “out of control.” That’s just the kind of news we like to hear.

Images
Here again is a slideshow of bird flu photos. New photos seem to be added periodically. There is an option in the upper right corner of the screen where you can display multiple (8) photos at a time to help you get to the ones you to see faster.

Tags: , , , ,



Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Christmas Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home