The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Don’t rely just on flu drugs
This article discusses various strategies for dealing with both normal flu and also bird flu, including the effectiveness of antivirals compared to other measures. Basically it just reinforces my contention that we need better antivirals, and fast. Isn’t it interesting that with the full machinery of our pharmaceutical industry, we still don’t have effective tools to deal with influenza? There may be monetary explanations for that fact. I don’t like to be so cynical, but what other reasons are there?

Coming clean
This article says that bird flu is “more widespread than governments admit.” Think middle east and Africa.

Watch what you eat
Diet can make you healthy, and it can make you unhealthy. Here is the story of a 20 year old boy who had such a poor diet that he died.

Where the germs are
A pandemic could start in hospitals.

Ridiculous
Laura Bush should know a ridiculous statement when she hears one. Her husband has certainly made enough of them over the years.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger john said…

    I think most are missing the only choice to effectively guard against the contraction of bird flu.Please read postings at http://micro-organics.blogspot.com and give comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home