The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

PFOA followup
I’m not sure this was clear to me when I mentioned the chemical PFOA on January 29, but according to this article, an independent scientific review panel now wants to label PFOA a “likely” carcinogen.

Whoa, that’s pretty serious. Here’s what I think that means: the chemical PFOA has been introduced into the environment by the huge chemical companies; the chemical is in the blood of nearly everyone on earth; the chemical is a “likely” carcinogen; therefore, the huge chemical companies might be contributing to everyone on earth’s getting cancer. Boy, talk about class action lawsuits, I can’t wait until they start. And talk about epidemics, the world has never seen an epidemic like one that may result from all the carcinogens being pumped into the environment by the major chemical companies.

You know, you live your life, trying to do the best you can to take care of your health, and then you find out that all your efforts might not matter because someone is releasing massive amounts of carcinogens into the environment. As I said the other day, very discouraging.

Tags: , , , , ,

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home