The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The State of the Pain
What is the State of the Union? What Union? Union means to me that we are united on some things, and not just our name, the “United States.” We have a president who said he was a uniter, not a divider, and yet everywhere I look all I see are divisions. And most of the divisions I see in this country were caused by our uniter president. We’re divided on a war that should have never happened. We’re divided on the direction our country is taking and should take. How are we united?

We are united in our love of freedom and our hatred of tyranny, and yet some might say that our president is weakening the fabric that holds our nation together. And we have three more years of this to look forward to.

So, under this president, I prefer to ask, what is the State of the Pain? The State of the Pain is bad and getting worse. But there is an end in sight: 2009.

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the state of disunion?

    you make some good points. keep it up hon :)

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Carl said…

    Ed,

    Olbermann tonight will have a feature on how the sixth year of a Presidency is usually the worst of the two terms.

    Guess what year this is for Bush?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home