The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Political Notes
If the Republicans and the country could get all bent out of shape when we supposedly gave away the Panama Canal in the late 1970s, we can certainly question the advisability of letting a group of Arabs operate our ports.


Washington insists Iraq is making progress. So why am I not encouraged by that? Some say the insurgency is still growing. It may take 20 to 25 years before Iraq gets its act together. The current situation (and a complicated situation it is) makes it extremely difficult to develop an exit strategy.

I don’t know. There are plenty of exit strategies out there. What we seems to be lacking is the will to implement one.


As we head into the 2006 elections, only about 33 seats in the US House appear to be competitive. The good news is that the Supreme Court will hear a case to decide the legality of some recent redistricting. The bad news is that George W. Bush just appointed two of the justices who will hear that case. I am going to really be sad, disappointed, and angry if the outcome of the 2006 elections doesn’t reflect the real mood and wishes of the people.


They’re partying in New Orleans today, presumably so they don’t have to face some grim realities.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you followed the money on DP World, CSX, and the Carlyle Group?
    For an interesting look into one mans reality living in Iraq check out http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/
    It appears that it is getting worse not better over there... complicated as you metion...

    Great blog. I will bookmark it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home