The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
24. Heaven is great, earth is great, and men are great, but something as tiny as a bird flu virus could lay waste to much that is great.

Political Note
Bill Clinton says that global warming is the biggest threat facing the world. That’s interesting. This is the second time in about a month that I can remember him saying something like that. I don’t disagree with him, but I just think it is interesting that he has chosen to beat that drum. And I guess I question his motivation. The environment is a subject that has played very well for Al Gore, and while the former vice president has no monopoly on the subject, it is his main focus in many ways. So one might wonder why Bill Clinton is making speeches about it. I have my theories. Mr. Clinton is intensely political. He wants to get his wife elected president. He probably views Al Gore as a potential rival for the presidency, perhaps even the main rival. By making speeches on the environment Mr. Clinton may counter and defuse some of Al Gore’s appeal and effectiveness. At least that could be the plan. But the thing is, Al Gore is not a one dimensional person. And you’re not going to preempt his effectiveness on the environment by making a few speeches here and there. Besides, the main thing Al Gore has going for him is that he didn’t vote for the Iraq war like Hillary, Kerry, et al, did. Some politicians may try to change the subject away from the Iraq war, but in 2008 that will be the subject, along with others. I think Al Gore would be the perfect candidate to get us out of Iraq and get our country back on the right track again.

Health Note
Is there a virus link to prostate cancer? Check this out.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Stephen McArthur said…

    I think you hit it right on the head. Bill has visions of sugar plums dancing in his head, sugar plaums made by the White House kitchen for eight more years in a Clinton White House. Personally, I don't like the idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home