The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Swan song
H5N1 seems to be hitting swans particularly hard. Now there are dead swans in Poland.

Here is a video about the development of a bird flu vaccine. They say that even if the virus mutates, they can quickly respond and produce a vaccine for that new strain. Sounds good. We’ll see.

Here’s another video, this one on the situation in Germany.

And there are 30,000 dead birds in Dagestan. Here is another brief story.


Communications in some parts of the world are not as good as they are in the west. In Zambia a rumor that H5N1 had reached that country caused farmers to slaughter all their chickens and goats.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

COMING SOON

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Cathie said…

    15 people are said to have died in Iraq from bird flu. not good, not good at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home