The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Political notes
I find it interesting that Al Gore, who has said he is not running for president in 2008, scored 13% in a new Gallup poll, just behind John Kerry, who has been running for years. Gore is still my choice for 2008. I haven’t gotten over 2000, and I haven’t gotten over five years (so far) of George W. Bush. Gore’s election would go a long way toward helping me, and the nation, get over both of those.

In a Harris poll, 59% of Americans feel we are on the wrong track. Bushie, you’re doing a heckuva job.

Sometimes I don’t know what is real news and what is fake news. Since no major news organization has reported this, I am reluctant to report it myself, but I thought I would bring it to your attention, for what it’s worth: Richard Dreyfuss is said to have given a speech before the National Press Club Thursday in which he spoke about impeachment and President Bush.


More Bird Flu
Governor Jeb Bush says that Florida would be a likely entry point for bird flu if a pandemic developed. That may be true, but there are many other likely entry points: New York, Washington, Boston, etc; and since bird flu is huge in Asia, we can’t forget the west coast points of entry: LA, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. I believe that Florida is no more likely an entry point for human transmission from abroad than any of these others that I have mentioned. Bird transmission, however, is something else. And although there have been no outbreaks yet, Florida is testing its birds for bird flu, I suppose as a precaution.

Bird flu outbreak for the first time in Egypt. It’s spreading, folks. H5 strain in France. (Also, 400 dead birds in Niger. Bird flu? Don’t know yet. Birds in Denmark tested negative, but two dead swans found in Netherlands.) I don’t know about you, but I get the feeling that the current situation with bird flu is like watching a volcano as it erupts, and it ain’t pretty, but it is interesting.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home