The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
15. How can we prepare to fight bird flu when its possible mutations are so unpredictable? Better antivirals would help.

Health Notes
According to this study, people with more education tend to decline faster once they begin to manifest symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. This seems strange on the one hand, but it seemed reasonable the way they explained it.

Genetic discrimination is something that I rarely think about. But I am sure it will be more of an issue in the future. So I suppose we do need some good laws to cover it. Of course, a lot of it probably comes down to privacy. We don’t seem to be moving in the direction of having more privacy in this country. That is regrettable.

It is puzzling to me how the United States can throw away billions of dollars on its defense department budgets and its useless wars, and yet it wants to limit the compensation given to nuclear workers who served this country during the Cold War.

I was wondering why so many Pacific islanders have blood diseases and need bone marrow transplants. I still don’t know the answer. I do know that the French performed a lot of nuclear tests in the Pacific Ocean during the 1960s and 1970s. Could that be one of the reasons for all the blood diseases? I’ll keep trying to find out.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

COMING TODAY

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home