The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Iraq remains the major story Secretary Rumsfeld published a column in the Washington Post yesterday discussing the situation in Iraq, and trying to make an analogy with Nazi Germany. Several prominent people have questioned that analogy. General George Casey was on Meet the Press yesterday denying there was a civil war in Iraq, and Dick Cheney was on Face the Nation talking about the war. President Bush says he has a strategy for victory in Iraq. That reminds me of when President Nixon said he had a plan to end the war in Vietnam. He didn’t, and thousands of brave, young Americans died. If President Bush says he has a strategy for victory in Iraq, I think that statement is purely political. You know, in several recent elections the Democrats have been accused of saying anything to get elected. The truth of the matter is that the Republicans really would say anything to further their political agenda (mushroom clouds, WMDs?) and they are the ones we need to keep our eyes on. The political pressure is only going to intensify as the 2006 elections grow closer. We cannot relax. We must bring the message to the American people: the Republicans are the problem. We can solve that problem in November by voting Democratic.


Slow Day on the Bird Flu Front? I’m sure that the people affected by bird flu don’t feel that today is a slow day. As I have said before, it is not my intention to report every time someone sneezes, but I also don’t want to minimize what is happening. For those who do want to keep up with what is happening, I can mention Denmark – parts of Asia Ethiopia Israel – and Egypt.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home