The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Politics
Now Tom Daschle is talking about running for president in 2008. I like Tom Daschle, and I think he might be able to win, and he would be a good president, but the one thing I keep going back to is, who voted for the Iraq War, and Daschle voted yea. Al Gore didn’t vote for the Iraq War, so he is not part of the problem, he is part of the solution. Of course I’d rather see any Democrat in the Oval Office than any Republican. George Allen is going to be the next GOP nominee for president, a prospect which I personally find scary. I think he is very conservative. Tim Russert said that he voted 96% of the time with George W. Bush, so those who want a president who is 96% Bush can vote George Allen. I think it’ll be Allen vs. Al in 2008. Of course, I’m pulling for Al.

Disease
For those who don’t think bird flu will get to the United States, even mad cow disease got here, so I feel like it is only a matter of time before H5N1 arrives also. And it’s not necessarily how many deaths any of these diseases cause, although that could be bad, but the inconvenience and aggravation, not to mention the economic costs. Right now we are having to convince Japan that our beef is safe, after finding another possible case of mad cow. Will the Japanese buy it, figuratively and literally? That remains to be seen. These diseases are all a nasty business, but at least it hasn’t gotten as bad here as it got in England a few years ago when they were burning heaps of cows afflicted with hoof and mouth disease; and it hasn’t gotten as bad here as it has been recently in countries like Turkey, where they have been rounding up every bird they could find, stuffing them into bags, and burying the bags, with the birds still alive and writhing inside. Let us hope that nothing like any of that happens here, but with the way that diseases have been spreading around the world, I wouldn’t bet on it.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home