The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

ok, Ok, OK Already is concerned that having more than 250,000 Turkish troops massed along the border with Iraq may lead to further complications in that region. Actually his concerns are voiced a little more vociferously than that, but all we can do at this point, I think, is hold our breath as this thing plays itself out, and vote Democratic in November.

Laelyn at Peace is for Everyone, speaking about the current situation with gasoline, says, “We can't count on the president or Congress to do what they're elected to do — make decisions and policy that will make the world better for ALL people, not just those who can make massive campaign donations . . .” No, we can’t count on this president or this Congress. That’s why we need a different president and a different Congress.

Oh, and while we’re talking about a war on gas, all this administration knows is war: how to pit one side against the other; how to hide behind the enemy; how to do anything to divert attention from its own shortcomings. It has worked so far, but I think the American people have finally had enough.

, , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you pull up the Turkish papers during Rices visit it becomes clear this is a major issue. I would take a look also at Spiegel's article with Ottaway [Iraqi expert] referencing the Kurds at http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,405164,00.html .

    And maybe after November I can stop screaming and go back to my normal oblivious self. I prefer being the mild mannered Religious Studies Prof. Normally I have to get hit in the nose before I notice anything beyond 120 BCE.

    I have hopes. My ultra conservative sister is no longer defending GW and is actually attacking Santorum's viewpoints. [We are PA]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home