The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Big C? (Chemo, that is.) Chemotherapy is said to alter brain metabolism, which accounts for the cognitive difficulties patients often have for years after the “therapy.”


A new study says that lowering cholesterol levels may lower a person’s risk of developing prostate cancer. I don’t know why this is news. I’ve known this for years. The thing is, this kind of “news” doesn’t seem to get much coverage. It is my belief that doctors would rather use their expensive machines to perform their highly profitable and painful biopsies instead of counseling men to try some alternatives first, like lowering their cholesterol levels, drinking green tea, taking lycopene and selenium, eating a low fat diet, etc. In case you haven’t already guessed, I think too many unnecessary biopsies are performed based on the highly unreliable PSA test.


Drinking Cola soft drinks is said to be associated with loss of bone density in women.


, , , , , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home