The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Who are you going to trust to solve the problems in Washington? Are you going to trust the people who caused the problems? I wouldn’t. They may say they will solve the problems, but are they telling the truth? It is an election year. Some politicians will say anything to get elected. They may say they are going to change, but once they are re-elected do they really change? First you have to admit there is a problem. I don’t see many Republicans doing that. Besides, they have had their chance. Get rid of them and bring in people who will solve them.

I think one of the most compelling arguments for a Democratic majority in Congress was suggested by Sherrod Brown on Meet the Press yesterday when he said, in effect, that the Republicans did not do their job over the past five years. They did not do their job of providing meaningful checks and balances to the Executive branch, for one thing. And if someone is not doing his job, we should fire him and hire someone who will do the job. Vote Democratic on November 7.

Listen to my song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)



, , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sherrod is head and shoulders a better choice than that check-kiting simpleton DeWino. There is no question about that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home