The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Health Notes
A reader from Canada passed along this article on Açai, a Brazilian berry that purports to have ten times the antioxidants found in red grapes; boost your energy; prevent premature aging; and kill some cancer cells. Wow, that’s a lot for one little berry to do. And of course through the magic of the internet, Açai is available at places like Amazon.com. Cool.

I thought that a diet pill (Excalia) that helps you lose weight was a good idea until I did some further research. Excalia is a combination of zonisamide SR and bupropion SR. The former seems to be an anticonvulsant, while the latter looks like the ingredient found in Wellbutrin and Zyban, a really serious psychiatric medication. I can understand, I suppose, that if a person has a serious weight problem, then he or she might want to resort to serious measures to remedy that problem. Excalia, it seems, is one such option. If I was obese and couldn’t lose weight, especially if that obesity was threatening my life, then maybe I would take this. But I do think I would try a lot of other stuff first.

Can calcium intake help you control your weight?

Since we seem to be talking a lot about weight control, here’s an article about Hoodia again.

Eating fruits and vegetables can help lower a person’s blood pressure. Maybe it’s the nitrates found in those foods that do the job.

Does taking Nexium, Prevacid, and Prilosec cause people to have more broken hips?

While they are genetically modifying the peanut, I hope I will still be able to get some non-GM peanuts in the future.



, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home