The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Health Notes
Using mistletoe extract to fight cancer may not be a good idea. It may cause tumors.

Scientists are developing new drugs to fight cancer by blocking blood supply to tumors, but this time in novel ways. (Two separate reports in the journal Nature: one by Regeneron’s Dr. Gavin Thurston, and the other by Genentech’s Minhong Yan.)

As we have mentioned before, sometimes inflammation in the body is not good. Here are some suggestions for anti-inflammatory foods to eat. Some ideas include: adding flaxseed to breakfast cereal; eating more tuna and salmon; consuming omega-3 fatty acids; having a good balance between omega-3s and omega-6s; eating sweet cherries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.

This article has some suggestions for natural approaches to fight depression for those who are not doing well on their prescription medication. It mentions such things as: L-tyrosine, an energizing amino acid that helps make dopamine, a happy brain chemical. It also boosts thyroid hormone, which eases depression and fatigue; SAMe, a natural antidepressant and joint-pain reliever that has been used overseas for decades with great success; EPA/DHA fish oils as well as a good brand of 5-HTP; and St. John's wort which is very useful too, and numerous studies prove it. Please note: I do not vouch for any of these substances, but I mention them here for your information. I must say that I would like to look into some of these further myself, because I am not at all familiar with some of them.

Here are articles on theWorld’s Healthiest Foods.” They include Spanish olive oil, Japanese soy, Greek yogurt (I liked this a lot when I visited Greece), Indian lentils, and Korean Kimchi. The list is interesting, but be sure to follow the links and read the individual articles on each food. They are very interesting and informative.

Political Note
So, how is New Orleans doing some sixteen months after Hurricane Katrina?


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Note: links that look good today often are no longer good in the future. I make every effort to create good links. When I discuss a topic, I also attempt to provide enough pertinent information so that readers won’t have to rely solely on the link at hand for their understanding, or for their further research.


BUY MY BOOK

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home