The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Bush the "Leader"

President Bush's job approval rating is very low these days. I was wondering, what is his job description and what does he do all day? If someone could tell me I'd appreciate it.

He doesn't strike me as a good manager. Someone the other day was talking about the Karl Rove controversy, and they said something like, the President should call his staff into his office and demand that everyone come clean, or something to that effect. And the thing is, I cannot imagine George W. Bush acting like a responsible manager and calling anyone into his office. I cannot imagine his spending much time in his office. I can imagine Dick Cheney calling him into his office. I can imagine his having meetings, though, maybe in the Oval Office, maybe somewhere else, but he just doesn't strike me as the kind of guy you'd really trust to run things. You'd rely on others to do that. He'd just show up occasionally, whenever a decision needed to be made. Is this good or bad? I think Bush is credited with a lot more leadership than he really has, and he has chosen some capable people to mind the store, but I yearn for a strong President again like FDR, JFK, or LBJ. When they were in office you had the feeling that someone was in charge who was working hard every day to make this a better country for all the people. I don't have that same feeling today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home