The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bush is No Sage

The Tao Te Ching (chapter 49) says: The sage has no invariable mind of his own; he makes the mind of the people his mind.

This is exactly the opposite of what George W. Bush does. He decides what he wants the people to believe, then sets out trying to brainwash them into believing it. This approach works well in politics, which is what the President is good, but it doesn’t work well in governing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home