The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Stilling War

This may not mean anything to President Bush, Vice President Cheney, or Secretary Rumsfeld, but The Tao Te Ching says, (chapter 31): “Calm and repose are what he (the superior man) prizes; victory to him by force of arms is undesirable. To consider this desirable would be to delight in the slaughter of men; and he who delights in the slaughter of men cannot get his will in the kingdom.”

It’s something to think about as we continue our war in Iraq.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home