The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Desperately Seeking Answers

How does spending more than $200 billion in Iraq make us safer at home? If we had spent $200 billion at home we might be safer. Spending $200 billion in Iraq is just a diversion. I think it makes us less safe and secure.

I think Afghanistan made us safer, not Iraq. You hear all the talk about how this war has destabilized the Middle East, driven up oil prices, lost 1866 lives, and for what?

Part of the problem with 9/11 was focusing too much attention overseas and not enough on the homeland. I think that is part of the problem today as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home