The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Political Note
Does anyone have the answer for what to do about illegal immigration? The US House of Representatives seems to think they do. They propose building a 15 foot high fence along the Mexican border. Of course the Mexicans don’t think this is the answer. This article addresses some of the pros and cons.

Would you believe . . .
. . . US forces are beginning to focus more on training Iraqis? Good. It’s about time.

. . . Lynndie England is not a lucky person? First she was caught on film sticking her fingers where they didn’t belong. Now she has been hurt in prison doing virtually the same sort of thing. Maybe she should make a New Year’s resolution to keep her hands to herself more often?

. . . Donald Trump may run for Governor of New York?

. . . European stocks might be a good investment for 2006?

. . . the US Government is running out of cash? Who would have thunk it? I thought money grew on trees. Oh that’s right, the leaves have all fallen off the trees. Can you say “Winter of Discontent?”

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Michael Bains said…

    My 401k is about 25% Eurostocks. Maybe more.

    I rearranged it a couple of times to avoid owing very much Exxon-Conoco, though BP is still a significant contributor on two elections. I'm hoping the latter makes good on its promises for some logistically near-term hydrogen power at its gasoline facilities expense. Time, as always, will tell.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home