The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Political Notes
Apparently the White House called Democrats irresponsible for saying that President Bush doesn’t have a strategy on Iraq.

I think it is irresponsible for the president to take us into an unnecessary war. I think it is irresponsible to give huge tax cuts to those who make over $200,000 per year, and run up huge deficits. I think it is irresponsible to ignore the victims of Katrina, as well as all the people living in poverty in this country. But, hey, that’s just me.

There is some talk that John Corzine, newly elected governor of New Jersey, might appoint Nia Gill to serve out his term in the US Senate. On the surface of it, Ms Gill, currently a State Senator, seems like a good choice.

And will Corzine, who is not as well-known nationally as are some other contenders, run for president in 2008? He might. That would make the contest interesting.

Tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger mman said…

    Good points on the administration and it's definition on what's responsible and what is deemed by them as morally justified. The right wing knows only three words:
    Stay the course.

     
  • At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good points and no, it's not just you. The problem is you are using logic and clear thinking. This current administration does not. What they do is re-frame the debate. I blogged about it here: http://www.taozenchi.com/bcpblog/?p=99

    BTW you should take a look at Lakoff's book on framing. I think you'd like it.

    ~BCP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home