The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Year 2005
This is an interesting year-end story: “Big little stories you might have missed,” from International Herald Tribune. I always enjoy reading this newspaper, especially when I am in France.

Health Notes
Here are tips on how to deal with the regular flu.

Mystery: how did Ms. Zhou contract the bird flu?

Political Notes
We finally get a lottery in North Carolina and it’s marred by scandal. Who gives a **ck? When can I buy a ticket?

Well, I’m glad we now have legislation preventing prisoners from suing their captors at Gitmo. We sure don’t want anymore frivolous lawsuits.

I don’t know if anyone else saw this, but here is Markos Moulitsas Zuniga’s take on some 2006 election contests.

War?
As the old year ends, is the US planning to bomb Iran? If so, I think the American people would get fed up with this administration very quickly, not to mention the fact that the armed forces are already weary and stretched thin.

But hey, who knows? Maybe the president is planning to start another war to bolster his poll numbers and ensure retaining control of Congress next year? Nobody votes against a president in time of war, do they? Well, I will, and I won't be alone.

I wonder how much of the public's money and our children's future this president is willing to spend for political purposes?

Can George W. Bush break the record for most wars started by an American president?

Stay tuned, it could be an interesting 2006.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,


Still available

The Tao of George W. Bush A perfect Gift

Also check out my other books: The Tao of Politics, The Tao of Red States and Blue States, The Tao of Love







Happy New Year!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Michael Bains said…

    If only they would have apologized for our Eisenhower admin's sabotage of the democratic process in Iran, then told that country's current leaders "subdue your terrorists, or the US invades decisively" instead of invading Iraq. The length and cost of that logically efficacious war would be worth even more than we've alread spent pointlessly.

    Shortsighted people are overcome by patriotism when they might have to admit a wrong though. Otherwise it has its plusses.

    Happy New Year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home