The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Devious Politics? You Bet.
Excuse me for being cynical, but I am considering the possibility that a lot the president’s recent friction with the Right is part of a political ploy by the Bush administration, or AT THE VERY LEAST a political opportunity for the Right to distance themselves from the president, appear to be super strong on defense/security, and thereby secure enough votes in the midterm elections to retain control of Congress. I realize this whole idea is a little serpentine in its complexity, perhaps very Machiavellian, and somewhat paranoid, but would anyone really put a scheme like this beyond someone like Karl Rove? The president is so unpopular that if anyone allies themselves with him they run the risk of also becoming unpopular. So, how better to look good than by standing up against an unpopular president? Sounds like a strategy to me. Of course, after the November election things can get back to normal with GOP teamwork and the rubber stamp Congress. In the meantime, the idea is to get as many votes as possible. Even Rick Santorum has come out against the port deal. According to my theory, that means he’s in trouble in his upcoming election, and being against the deal will bolster his poll numbers. Can you see him taking sides with Hillary Clinton unless there was something really big at stake? It’s all about politics folks, and power, and who can fool most of the people most of the time. They've done it for the past six years, but we cannot let them get away with it this time. The Republicans are what is wrong with this country, and we have simply GOT to vote them out of office this year.

Watch out for sharks
Hillary Clinton visited Florida over the weekend. I view that state, or another one like it, as absolutely essential if she is going to win the presidency in 2008. Of course nothing says she would carry all the blue states. But she would have to carry at least one red state to be elected. Looks like Florida is the target, and rightly so, mainly because it is a potential swing state.

Iraq
Read this about the god-awful situation in Iraq.

The Tao of Politics Anthology
I’m kind of excited. My copies of my new book arrived by UPS yesterday, and they look real good. Of course I’ve seen the proofs online, and all that, but there’s nothing any better than holding the actual book in your hand and glancing through it. I hope you all have that opportunity soon when you buy a copy for yourself.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home