The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Friday, February 03, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
2. We have known about bird flu for a long time. Bird flu has been around much longer than that.

Bird flu still menacing
People are dying from bird flu in places as far apart as Iraq and Indonesia. That entire area of the world is vast, with billions of people. Bird flu is now said to be endemic in Hong Kong . And of course there is Africa. We are by no means out of the woods on this yet. Millions of people could still die from H5N1, and that would be a catastrophe of monumental proportions. Let us hope it doesn’t come to that.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home