The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Did the US military execute eleven civilians last week in Iraq? I originally heard this story on NPR. Several other discussions include: the Guardian Unlimited, and Reuters. And here are photos of some alleged victims, not for the faint of heart. (This video seems to be related to the situation, but does not directly address the eleven civilians.) It breaks my heart that these people are dead, and the US military is accused of their murder. I sometimes wonder if any good can ever come from this war, and if the good that does come could possibly balance all the bad. I doubt it.


H5N1 has evolved into two separate strains, one that infected people in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand, and the other that infected people in Indonesia.


Leave my grapes alone Now scientists are talking about being able to genetically engineer grapes so they contain more vitamin C. If they can do this with grapes, wine can’t be far behind. This was one of my biggest fears, that they would start tinkering with grapes and wine and totally screw things up. There is nothing wrong with the grape as it is. In many ways it is a perfect food, with even anti-cancer properties, not to mention its role in various religious ceremonies. Is nothing sacred anymore? Do the scientists and corporations have to ruin everything in nature? For God’s sake, leave my grapes alone.


Speaking about screwing things up, everyone who looks askance at people who eat organic food should probably read this article, which discusses the impact of pesticides on our health.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home