The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
36. Many people do not fear bird flu, even in countries where it has appeared. That is a reckless attitude.

A Weasel-like Animal
Bird flu is spreading to more mammals. A stone marten in Germany has been diagnosed with H5N1. Add to that the fact that humans and cats now have been infected, and have died, and the situation is not getting any less scary.


Health Notes
Want to beat cholesterol? It may not be as hard as some think. The only thing I would add to this article is that people should watch their intake of saturated fat, and of trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils.)

If you’re going to be watching your diet for your health, the Mediterranean Diet has anti-inflammatory properties.

Speaking of inflammation, this article says that fat in overweight people triggers an inflammation response, which can lead to heart disease, strokes, and diabetes. Just another reason to watch our weight.


Finally, there seems to be a medication out there that can help treat people who are addicted to gambling.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home