The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Tao of Bird Flu
34. There are three precious things that bird flu threatens – our safety, our way of life, and our relationship with nature. Can we combat bird flu without threatening these things ourselves?

Bird Flu Note
For those who might think that bird flu is something trivial, it has already cost farmers more than $10 billion. It looks like that figure will only rise, and probably rise a lot. And I don’t think that figure includes the cost in human lives, or in medical expenses.

Health Notes
There may be an actual physical explanation why some people can’t do math.

Sushi might be bad for you, because of the mercury in the raw fish. Read this, and beware.

Need more reason to drink your wine? How about dietary fiber?

Confused about what to eat? We’re often getting mixed messages from the media. This article says we have too much information.

And here is information on a recent study dealing with the causes of anorexia nervosa.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

NOW AVAILABLE

Four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home