The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Al Gore was on NPR’s Fresh Air yesterday. You can listen to the audio here. Gore was asked what surprises him most about how the Bush presidency has turned out. He responded that he has been surprised at how incurious the president is. When confronted with a number of crises and challenges, such as Katrina, Bush asks no questions. That may surprise some, like Al Gore, but isn’t it better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt? Yes, George War Bush is smart. He’s smart enough not to ask any questions so that people won’t find out how uninformed he really is. With regard to 2008, Gore still says he’s not running, but he hasn’t made a Shermanesque statement of disavowal yet, so I am ever hopeful that he will finally be persuaded to run. I think an Al Gore presidency would go a long way toward healing our nation. The only problem is, if you get a Democrat like Gore in the White House in 2008, he not only has to pursue his own agenda, but he has to spend a lot of time and energy repairing the damage created by his predecessor. But it is a job that must be done, and the sooner the better.

I mentioned yesterday the number of journalists killed in Iraq. I didn’t realize that number, 71, now exceeds the number killed in World War II. So whenever we talk about the losses suffered in Iraq, please let us not forget the journalists.

And please let us not badmouth the journalists either. They don’t deserve to be called whiny and soft, especially with so many of them dying.


, , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home