The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

George War Bush keeps trying to formulate and articulate a rationale for his policies, especially with regard to invading Iraq. To me that just means he’s not telling the truth. If he was, I don’t think it would keep changing. What he should say (although it might be political suicide) is this: “We’re fighting the war in Iraq because I really wanted to get Saddam Hussein out of power.” Or he could say, “We’re fighting the war in Iraq because members of my administration saw 9/11 as an opportunity to reshape the Middle East, with the full support of the American people.” Both of these statements, or something like them, would be closer to the truth, and then he and his advisors wouldn’t have to keep squirming and trying to figure out how to justify an unjustifiable war.

Jesus’ General bemoans the losses suffered by our soldiers in Iraq, as well as those suffered by thousands of Iraqi citizens who have “paid the price” for Bush’s hubris, as he states it. I might add that at least 71 journalists have been killed in Iraq, which merely adds to our daily dose of pain.

Apparently Henry M. Paulson Jr., and not Donald Evans as was previously speculated in the news, will be Bush’s new Treasury Secretary.

Do you want to understand Republicans better? Huffingtonpost has an interesting graphic worth looking at. And here are some more humorous links. I especially liked Judy Miller’s MySpace page. We all need to laugh sometimes, especially since we have so much to cry about.

, , , , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home