The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Rachel says, “We have a crappy president, there are a bunch of idiots in this country, but there are so many good things.” She also says, “None of us focus on good things or try to improve the bad things.” She wants to do something like volunteer for the Peace Corps when she grows up. Rachel is 14. We need more people like Rachel in this country: bright, articulate, caring, concerned. I would remind Rachel that our crappy president and the idiots in the White House would like for people to focus on the good things, and not focus on the bad things. There are a lot of bad things today. If we don’t focus on them, they might not ever get better. I know she wants them to get better. Yes, focus on how privileged you are to live in a country like America, and to be able to enjoy her bounty. But also focus on those who are not as privileged as you.


I read bumper stickers. I’ve mentioned one in the past that really irks me: Give War a Chance. Recently I’ve been thinking about all those stickers I see with just the letter W on them. Those stickers, to me, stand for War, and that will be the legacy of George War Bush. And while we’re talking about this, the cost of waging war is going up, “exceeding even the worst-case scenarios.” Thank you, Dubya. I’ve got a bumper sticker idea for you: George W. Bush: He put the W in war.


Artschmart has posted an interesting portrait of George War Bush posing in front of Mount Rushmore, as if that’s where he belongs. The comments to this post are worth perusing.

, , , , , , , ,


NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite bumper sticker reads "My cat is smarter than the President."

    http://www.cafepress.com/buy/my+is+smarter+president/-/pv_design_details/pg_2/id_11445467/opt_/fpt_/c_/hlv_t

     

Post a Comment

<< Home