The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 Tribute
Alejandro Castano, 35, Englewood, N.J.





Much has been written about Alejandro Castano who died five years ago at the World Trade Center. Here are some resources where you can read previous tributes, some by people who actually know him and love him:


New York Times

CNN

September 11, 2001 Victims

United in Memory Quilt

9/11 Heroes


I don’t feel that I can really add anything to what has been said and written before, but I can remember Alejandro Castano on this day; we can all remember Alejandro; and I can offer this song, One Day in September, in remembrance and tribute. Alejandro, you are honored, remembered and loved. Forever.


, , , , , , , ,

(Note: there were 2995 other victims on 9/11. You can read their stories and tributes at 2996, Honouring the 9/11 victims.)

7 Comments:

  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a lovely tribute. Thank you for participating. My heart goes out to all of the families.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Katherine said…

    I am humbled reading all the tributes. My tribute to Marjorie C. Salamone is up.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for honouring Alejandro!

    Mine is up.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A very nice tribute. Let us not forget those who died and the families left to live life without them. We shall remember the day the world cried. We shall remember a day that the whole world mourned together. We shall remember September 11th as more than just a number thanks to the 9/11 tribute started by D.Challener Roe.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Jude Cowell said…

    Thank you, Ed, for this tribute and your song.

    Jude

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    Beautiful tribute and song.
    Hugs

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    Thank you for remembering.

    I honor Lt. Col. Johnson today.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home