The Tao of Politics

One of my main concerns is: how can I make a difference? There are thousands of political blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in that ocean. So I may blog about politics on occasion, or I may blog about health issues, depending on where my interests lead me, and where I feel I can contribute something of significance.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Crooks and Liars over the past few days has been talking about the fact that the Bush administration had ample warning in the summer of 2001 that a terrorist attack was imminent, and yet DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. There are references to John Ashcroft, Condoleezza Rice, and Bob Kerrey. There were many crises in the 1990s, but I always had a feeling that our government was trying to do something about them. Sometimes we were successful (Y2K), and sometimes we weren’t (Oklahoma City), but I don't think it was for lack of effort. I will say one thing: I do believe the timing of the 9/11 attack was carefully chosen. It took place very soon after George War Bush took office, just as the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center took place very soon after Bill Clinton took office (one month). I don’t think this timing was an accident. In both instances they caught a new administration off guard, before it was fully prepared – while it was still learning the ropes, as it were. The main difference, as far as I can see, is that in 2001 George War Bush et al had ample warning, and yet DID NOTHING ABOUT IT. To me that is a crime. The American public should know about this. There should be national outrage. The media should adequately cover this story. If they did, I dare say Bush’s approval ratings would be even lower.


Listen to my new song, Get the Hell out of Iraq. (See lyrics here.)


, , , , , ,



NOW AVAILABLE

As reviewed by Miss Cellania, you now get four books in one volume, including, for the first time in print, The Tao of America. Click here for more information about this volume, including excerpts.

The Tao of Politics Anthology, now available as e-book (only $6.00), or as paperback.

Also check here for The Tao of Love. And for a good time, anytime, visit Miss Cellania online.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The problem is no one knows what the hell they are doing other than "staying the course". A great philosophy if you are driving a train, but crappy when you are trying to fight multiple wars on countries and an idea.

    http://dontbealemming.com/2006/09/06/president-bush-says-terrorists-goals-are-clear-can-we-say-the-same.aspx

    Posted by the Lemming Herder from Don’t Be A Lemming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home